Assassin’s Creed Mirage is the latest in Ubisoft’s blockbuster series, and a bit of a throwback to an earlier time for the series. Rather than a big overstuffed RPG, Mirage is more of a traditional action-adventure experience, and as such, some folks more used to recent games like Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and Valhalla may need to adjust slightly.
Note: The following guide contains SPOILERS for Assassin’s Creed Mirage.
Assassin’s Creed Mirage offers up a lot of different challenges, but the core of its campaign are its main five “black box” missions that see you taking out important members of the Order. After you take out The Slaver Al-Ghul, you’re set free to target the other three main Order lieutenants in whatever order you so choose. One of these is Al-Mardikhwar “The Warlord,” who controls the military in Baghdad.
Before you’ll tackle the “Den of the Beast” mission, which will see you take down The Warlord, you’ll discover his real identity is Wasif Al Turki, and that he’s secreted himself away in a large heavily-guarded garrison. But that’s not going to stop you, is it? Particularly with our guide to help you…
- Step 1 – Head to the front gates of the Garrison. There are a couple of merchants chatting here. Sit on the nearby bench and eavesdrop. They’ll let you know about a couple holes in the Garrison’s southwest wall.
- Step 2 – Go up the stairs near the merchants, then hang a right. There a couple not-very-perceptive archers you can take out. Now you have a choice about how you can take on the next chunk of the mission – either get help from an inside man, or find the key to The Warlord’s inner sanctum yourself.
Path 1 – Follow the Steward
- Step 1 – Head all the way along the southwest wall of the Garrison. You’ll pass an area of construction you can slip through, but pass it by. You’ll come to some crates you can climb over and the Steward will be right ahead of you in the kitchen area. Drop down and have a chat with him.
- Step 2 – Keep the Steward in your sight while keeping to the wall on the right, hiding in grass and behind objects so you’re not seen.
- Step 3 – The Steward will walk right through the main courtyard where soldiers are training – obviously not somewhere you can follow. Stick to the wall you’ve been following. There’s only one guard on the raised area here. Take him out without the main commander seeing you. Everyone else’s back will be to you while you do it.
- Step 4 – Zip across the courtyard and climb up the scaffolding. Sneak up and take out the archer on the roof.
- Step 5 – Continue to follow the Steward from the rooftops, again sticking to the Garrison’s east wall. There’s only one guard to take out up here. Move quickly, then do a dive into the pile of hay.
- Step 6 – Wait until the guard’s backs are turned, then zip up the nearby staircase and the Steward will unlock the door for you! From this point, the two mission’s two paths merge.
Path 2 – Find the Key
- Step 1 – Head along the southwest wall of the Garrison. The first construction area you come to, slip through the gap.
- Step 2 – Now, head left. There will be a couple guards training and cooking here. They’re easy enough to take out.
- Step 3 – Climb up the wall and you’ll see you’re overlooking the main courtyard with the training soldiers. Drop down into the grass before anybody sees you.
- Step 4 – Sneak over to the east side of the courtyard and follow steps 3 and 4 from the section above until you’re on the rooftops.
- Step 5 – From this vantage point you’ll see a room with an open window and lights on, on the ground floor. Quickly sneak across the hanging ropes, and nobody should notice you.
- Step 6 – Head down the nearby staircase and into the window right behind the guards’ backs. In this room, you’ll find the key.
- Step 7 – Sneak back over the hanging ropes to the rooftop you were on before. From there, follow Steps 5 and 6 from the section above to get to the door and unlock it yourself without the Steward’s help.
Okay, now you’re through the door – from here it’s a pretty straight shot to the end of the mission…
- Step 1 – Head through the door and you’ll get a rather dramatic cutscene. Then you’ll have to help Ali take on a bunch of soldiers, although you can sit the fight out if you want.
- Step 2 – Follow Ali into the prison – there will be more fighting to do here. Once you’ve taken out the baddies, release the rebels.
- Step 3 – Climb up the walls and light a signal fire (a mission marker will show you where it is).
- Step 4 – A battle will commence below. Again, you can help our not. Head across the execution grounds, up the stairs, and you’ll come to a door. Open it and kill the guy inside. Unlock the hatch in the floor.
- Step 5 – You’ll quickly come to a spot that allows you go look down into a chamber where The Warlord/Wasif is hanging out. Wait for the guards to disperse a bit, then distract Wasif with a smoke bomb or some other tool. Climb onto to the balcony on the other side of the chamber, then go to the special assassination spot marked by the orange skull icon and get the drop on your target.
- Step 6 – And that’s it! The Warlord has gone to meet his maker. Actually, this isn’t entirely it – you’ll still need to fight your way out of the Garrison with the Rebels, but once you do that the mission is finished.
Another key order of the Order bites the dust. Again, here’s how to take out other Order member Al-Ghul “The Slaver” as well as Al-Pairika “The Treasurer.”
Assassin’s Creed Mirage is available now on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, and PS5. You can check out Wccftech’s other AC Mirage guides here.