Assassin’s Creed Mirage is the latest in Ubisoft’s blockbuster series, and a bit of a throwback to an earlier time for the series. Rather than a big overstuffed RPG, Mirage is more of a traditional action-adventure experience, and as such, some folks more used to recent games like Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and Valhalla may need to adjust slightly.
Note: The following guide contains SPOILERS for Assassin’s Creed Mirage.
Assassin’s Creed Mirage offers up a lot of different challenges, but the core of its campaign are its main five “black box” missions that see you taking out important members of the Order. After you take out The Slaver Al-Ghul, you’re set free to target the other three main Order lieutenants in whatever order you so choose. One of these is Al-Rabisu “Mastermind in the Shadows,” who’s using Baghdad’s House of Wisdom to plot evil things.
Before you’ll tackle this mission, you’ll discover that Al-Rabisu is likely the great scholar Fazil, but you’ll have to attend a symposium to confirm your suspicions and then find where he’s conducting his dark deeds. Don’t worry, we’ll show you what you need to do…
Note: Directions are a bit difficult for this guide, because the House of Wisdom doesn’t sit squarely on a North/South/East/West axis. For the purposes of this guide, we’ll call the main entrance you enter the House of Wisdom through “South” and assign all the other cardinal directions in relation to that.
- Step 1 – Head to the House of Wisdom and have a chat with the attendant Kahraman.
- Step 2 – Eavesdrop on the group to the west of the main courtyard. They’ll share some gossip about Arib the poet who’s supposed to be at the symposium.
- Step 3 – Go talk to Arib in the gazebo in the gardens east of the House of Wisdom.
- Step 4 – Return to the House of Wisdom. Who’s that hanging out near the fountain? It’s your old pal Nehal! Follow her into Ahmad’s workshop, then look for a series of “unusual designs.” The first three are clearly marked – once you find them, move over to this mural on the wall and a cutscene will trigger.
- Step 5 – Okay, with all this busy work out of the way, it’s now time to attend the symposium! Speak to a couple more NPCs in the courtyard (they’re marked in orange with your Eagle Vision) then talk to Kahraman again. This will begin the lecture. Nothing to do here – just watch the cutscene.
Unfortunately, Al-Rabisu/Fazil skulks away before you can stab ‘em at the symposium. You’ll need to find your way into the tunnels beneath the House of Wisdom to get him. There are two ways to do this – find a key or find the password.
Find the Key
- Step 1 – Return to the main courtyard and eavesdrop on the pair of scholars and Arib there. They’ll mention the gardener likely has the key to the tunnels.
- Step 2 – So, where is this gardener? He’s up on the walls in the southwest corner of the House of Wisdom tending a small garden. The easiest thing to do is leave the House and simply climb directly up the outside walls to get to him. There are a few guards around, but there’s also plenty of cover. Pickpocket the gardener and sneak off with the key.
- Step 3 – The key is used on a trap door in the garden northeast of the House of Wisdom (I’ve noted it on the map above). Just look around that area and you should find it. Drop down into the tunnels.
Find the Password
- Step 1 – Talk to the guard to the north of the House of Wisdom. He will insist you need to know the password to get through the door behind him.
- Step 2 – Head up the stairs to the guard’s left or right. At the top you’ll be able to eavesdrop on some librarians upset over losing one of Fazil’s Astronomy books.
- Step 3 – Head through the nearby door into the Library. You’ll need to head through a relatively linear set of hallways in the library, killing guards as you do. Pick up any documents you come across.
- Step 4 – You’ll discover that Fazil’s Astronomy book is located on a secret reading balcony off the library. This can be easy to miss. Keep heading down the relatively linear path until you make it to the main library, then make your way along the west side of the room. The balcony is accessed through the entrance pictured above, noticeable due to the bright light shining through it.
- Step 5 – The book is sitting on this bench.
- Step 6 – Head back to the guard and provide the right password “Are those who shall return.”
- Step 7 – You’ll find yourself in a room full of books. Pull out this bookshelf to access the tunnels.
Okay, you’ve made it into the tunnels! Regardless of what path you took to get to them, they’re a fairly linear challenge, with a few guards you’ll need to take out along the way.
- Step 1 – Eventually you’ll come to a pair of cells deep in the tunnels. The first is locked, but the second you can open.
- Step 2 – Slide through the hole in the wall and grab the “patient’s robe” disguise from the poor victim of Fazil’s experiments in there.
- Step 3 – Now you can traipse around the tunnels undetected. Head forward down the linear path. You’ll be recruited to be “subject” in Fazil’s next experiment. Play along, for now.
- Step 4 – Allow Fazil to rant and rave about his experiment and grand plans, but when he gets close, take him out.
Another key order of the Order bites the dust. Again, here’s how to take out other Order member Al-Ghul “The Slaver” as well as Al-Pairika “The Treasurer” and Al-Mardikhwar “The Warlord.”
Assassin’s Creed Mirage is available now on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, and PS5. You can check out Wccftech’s other AC Mirage guides here.