Yesterday, Turn 10 Studios unveiled the content and features that will be added to Forza Motorsport with Update 3, due to launch next week. First and foremost, the developer is introducing the Hockenheim track as promised before launch.
Forza Motorsport has 3 Hockenheim track layouts available for you to play across Career Mode, Multiplayer, Free Play and Rivals. Set your fastest laps on the 2.8-mile Full Circuit, the 2.3-mile National Circuit and the 1.6-mile Short Circuit. Master all 3 layouts using your favorite car builds in Time Attack with leaderboards available for all car classes in the game.
Update 3 will also improve the performance of Forza Motorsport on PC, especially for lower configurations.
- Fixed various random crashes in multiplayer races specifically on PCs with AMD GPUs.
- DLSS will now properly turn on and off in video settings.
- Stability and performance are improved on lower spec PCs.
- Improved consistency of framerate while racing.
- Fixed the video quality presets always defaulting to native window resolution.
- Improved detection of CPUs on PC to set the default quality preset.
- Reduced the occurrence of a bug where the track or other objects becomes invisible while racing.
Of course, there are also new cars, 33 new race suits for your driver, the new Contemporary Tour & British Marques Open Tour for the career mode, a new featured multiplayer series called Spec and Open Events, and various stability improvements.
It wasn’t just Forza Motorsport news day, though. Playground Games also presented the next three seasons coming to Forza Horizon 5, starting with Winter Wonderland, which introduces the Fast X Car Pack (available for $9.99), four new free cars (1958 Aston Martin DBR1, 1953 Jaguar C-Type, 1970 Ferrari 512 S, and 1966 Porsche 906 Carrera 6), and more.
In January, players will be treated to a ‘Community Favorites’ season featuring a playlist made of content selected by the community, and more new cars will be added. Lastly, February will see the Lunar New Year celebrated with a new collectible, new cars, the Stadium Drift Arena, and the Dragon Drone Show.