[UPDATE] The Last of Us Part II Remastered has now been officially confirmed by Sony for a January 19, 2024 launch on PlayStation 5. They’ve also revealed it will be only a $10 update for those who already own the PS4 version. You can check out a full trailer below.
[ORIGINAL STORY] Following the recent rumors, a listing of The Last of Us Part II Remastered has just leaked on PSN via the website PSDeals. According to the info, the game will feature way more than just remastered graphics. There’s going to be brand new content, as detailed below.
Native PS5 enhancements
Built for the PS5 console, The Last of Us Part II Remastered enhances the original PS4 game:
• A host of graphical improvements bring the beautiful yet dangerous world to life.
• Visual performance now outputs at 4K in Fidelity Mode.
• Improved loading times more quickly let you jump into action.
• Full DualSense wireless controller integration.
No Return – A Roguelike Survival Mode
Experience The Last of Us Part II’s deep combat via an entirely new mode! Survive as long as you can in each run as you choose your path through a series of randomized encounters. Play as a host of different unlockable characters, some never-before playable in The Last of Us franchise, each with unique gameplay traits. The variety of challenges features different foes and memorable locations from throughout Part II, all culminating in tense boss battles.
New ways to play
Delve deeper into this beloved adventure and learn how the original game was created.
• Lost Levels lets you explore early-development versions of three new levels not seen in the original.
• Enjoy hours of new developer commentary to hear insights into Part II’s development as you experience the game.
• Live up to your musical potential with Guitar Free Play, which includes new unlockable instruments, or take on the new Speedrun Mod* and post your best times.
• Descriptive Audio and Speech to Vibrations have also been added to Part II’s suite of accessibility features.
• The Last of Us Part II Remastered also features brand new unlockable character and weapon skins for players to use for both Ellie and Abby.
For those looking for the eye candy, there’s also six gorgeous 4K screenshots from this native PS5 version. You can find them in the gallery below.
Unfortunately, the PSN listing fetched by PSDeals did not include any release date for the game, but chances are it might be announced at The Game Awards on December 7. If Sony follows the pattern of The Last of Us Part I, a PC version may appear around six months after the PS5 one.
For the original The Last of Us Part II review, head over here.